When I discovered that Kandra Hamric had tagged me, I was excited and immediately sat down to start composing my list of personal facts and then it hit me; what in the heck am I suppose to write? Then I received another “tag” from Laura Monroe, and then I knew the pressure was on. I am normally a fairly private person, until you get to know me, and find it difficult to divulge personal information about myself, especially in a forum like this.
Well girls, I am going to give it a try so here it goes.
- I am a native Calgarian with three older sisters and unlike a lot of families these days we all still live in and around Calgary and are able to see each other regularly. We all have a blast when we’re together and it wouldn’t be a family get together without a lot of belly laughs.
- Music was always a part of growing up in our house. All 4 of us girls were encouraged to take piano lessons through grade school as much as we may have not wanted to at the time. I am thankful now that I did and enjoy playing from time-to-time when I visit my sister at her home.My interest for music grew in Junior High School and I discovered my true passion…drums. I am a drummer, and continued to take drums lessons and play in the school band through to grade 11. After graduation and into college I puchased and built my first home in Calgary with a nice open, walk-out basement where I jammed (by myself) on my Pearl set of drums. I miss having a drum set and plan to have another set one day.
- I LOVE dolphins. When I was younger I wanted to become a marine biologist, I know, you’re probably wondering how a girl from the prairies and rocky mountains establishes an interest in dolphins when there are obviously none around here. I took a seven week vacation to California on my 18th birthday and visited Sea World where we got to feed the dolphins. I immediately fell in love with their beauty, intelligence and their ability to read people. I bought every dolphin book I came across, join multiple associations and even adopted a dolphin named Dart after a trip to Florida a few years later. My dream is to swim with the dolphins in the open ocean. I’m just trying to pinpoint the place and time.
- I have, what some refer to as, my Happy Place. This is our family cabin located in Christina Lake, British Columbia. I spent every summer here with my family from the time I was six weeks old until my 18th birthday when I took the trip to California. Being there the whole summer and as a young entreprenuer, I was always looking for ways to make extra money. I spent the time to obtain my swimming instructor certification and gave lessons to other kids and families that were vacationing at Christina Lake. I was in my glory. I was able to get a great tan, be in the water most of the day, visit with some great kids and make some money. I consider our cabin to be my home away from home and wish I could spend more time there.
- My sign is Cancer and I think the traditional traits of a cancerian describes me pretty well.
Emotional and loving
Intuitive and imaginative
Shrewd and cautious
Protective and sympathetic
- I sort of fell into the Virtual Assistance business after I had left another company that I was a co-owner of and began helping my mother with her Real Estate business. I have always had a passion for real estate and homes and enjoyed assisting my mother with whatever tasks needed to be taken care of while she was out selling and meeting clients. Then I was asked by one of my mother’s collegues to put together some feature sheets for her new listings. It occured to me that after years in the executive administration field and my passion for real estate that I just may have my next entrepreneurial challenge ahead of me. I stumbled across an article about Tawnya Sutherland of Mediamage and new right then that being a Real Estate Virtual Assistant was the perfect match me for me.
Well ladies, I think I will end it there. I have previewed my post and I apologize for the long read. Now I’m going to pass this torch and tag: